Frequently Asked Questions
Of Fun Outside Aviation – Fullerton, Orange County, California
How do I get started flying at Fun Outside Aviation?
- Contact Fun Outside Today! We will have you flying on your first lesson.
- Check out our Fun Outside Exclusive Offer for $150!
How long does a lesson last?
- A typical lesson consists of 1 hour of ground work and 1 hour of flying. However, each lesson may vary.
What about a medical form?
- A medical certificate provided by a FAA designated physician is needed prior to solo flight.
- You can find a listing of physicians near you by clicking HERE.
What if I wear contact lenses or glasses?
- As long as vision is corrected to 20/20 you may fly with glasses or contacts.
What can I do with a private pilot certificate?
- Having a “PPL” private pilot certificate will allow you to fly whenever you want and wherever you want! The private pilot can fly during the day or at night to over 19,700 airports in the USA alone.
How much does it cost to become a pilot?
- Individual completion time varies but most people will accomplish earning their private pilot certificate within 5 months and accumulate a cost of $8,000 – $11,000.
Does Fun Outside have a “buy in” or take money “for a deposit”?
- No! Fun Outside students and renters pay as they go. No up front or hidden costs. Click HERE for our current rates.
Content Copyright 2020 – Fun Outside Aviation Academy – Fullerton, Orange County, California.